Epic Gaming is taking legal action against the disastrous Norwich Fortnite festival

Alfred Osborne
February 22, 2019

At this point, I'd like to point out that Fortnite's creator, Epic Games, had absolutely nothing to do with this event and are, in fact, capable of pulling off some great stuff.

News of the lawsuit comes from Eurogamer who received a statement from Epic Games earlier today which states that the company has issued a claim against Exciting Events in the High Court of London.

Despite bearing the name "Fortnite Live", the event had no official ties with Epic Games and in the aftermath of its failed launch, Epic Games has announced they will be suing the organizers, Exciting Events.

An unofficial Fortnite Live event that occurred last Saturday in the United Kingdom turned out to be a disaster and Epic Games announced on Tuesday that it has filed a lawsuit against the event's organizers. Designed to somewhat recreate the experience of Fortnite in the real world, fans were less than impressed with what their tickets got them.

About 2,800 people turned up for a two-day Fortnite Live event at Norfolk, United Kingdom last Saturday. However, there was little room to participate in activities and the event charged people to use the computers set up to play "Fortnite", a free-to-play game, The Guardian reported. There was a climbing wall, go karts, firing range, basketball shooting, laser tag, archery, a bouncy castle, and a cave experience described by one exasperated parent as "a trailer, no bigger than a auto, with a tunnel through it".

Top French jihadist believed killed in Syria
The handover took place as the SDF prepared to evacuate the last civilians trapped inside a small ISIS enclave in eastern Syria . SDF says it can not afford to keep the captured foreigners in Syria, but few of their countries want them back.

Gantz and Lapid form joint Knesset list
His Israeli Resilience party said: "Netanyahu lost touch with his Zionism and with his dignity". Moshe "Bogey" Yaalon, a former army chief and defense minister, joined Gantz last month.

EPL: Zidane Gives Chelsea Conditions To Succeed Sarri
Eden Hazard has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, and recently, the Belgium worldwide made it clear that he has made up his mind on his future.

Mr Lord did not respond to attempts by The Voice to contact him and Exciting Events' website had been taken down on Wednesday morning. Unshaken by the initial negative press, they were mulling over the possibility of the festival returning next year, according to the Eastern Daily Press on Sunday.

Several customers made a decision to request for refunds after the disappointing event.

There's still a good chance customers will get a refund, either for tickets they paid for or pre-orders for the now cancelled Spalding and Newark events, although Exciting Events' assets will also have to be shared amongst other creditors and HM Revenue and Customs.

In an official statement, Epic games have now confirmed that they have started legal proceedings against organizers of the disappointing event.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER