At least three dead in bomb attack in Iran's Chabahar

Sergio Conner
December 6, 2018

At least two people were killed and many more injured in the terror attack outside police headquarters in Chabahar.

"This terrorist act led to the martyrdom of two members of the police force", the province's deputy governor in charge of security, Mohammad Hadi Marashi, told state television.

Images posted online showed thick smoke rising from the sky in the area where the incident took place.

"Police stopped the explosive-laden auto and started firing at the driver. who then set off the explosion near the police headquarters in Chabahar", said Bameri.

Sistan-Baluchistan province, where the bombing hit, has always been a flashpoint, with a number of attacks reported in recent past. Reuters could not verify their authenticity.

Google is getting rid of its Allo messaging app for good
Create group chats with up to 100 participants who also have chat features enabled. With Android Messages Chat, you're no longer limited to 160 characters.

Military spokesman: Iran to continue missile tests for 'defense and deterrence
In June, two Iranian operatives were arrested while attempting to travel into France with explosives and a detonator. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo condemned what he described as Iran's testing of a medium-range ballistic missile.

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder Battle to Draw in Instant Classic
Frank Warren, who promotes Fury, said he and the British Boxing Board of Control would write to the WBC demanding another bout. The heavyweight division could be set for a blockbuster 2019 with Anthony Joshua ready to face Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury .

There was no immediate claim of responsiblity for the attack.

Chabahar, on Iran's south-eastern coast near the border with Pakistan, is home to a recently built port and is an "economic free zone".

Iranian authorities said Rigi who headed the militant group Jundollah was captured on a flight from Dubai to Kyrgyzstan. In September, gunmen dressed as soldiers attacked a military parade in Ahvaz, killing and injuring dozens.

Last year, in the first deadly assault claimed by Islamic State in Tehran, 18 people were killed at the parliament and mausoleum of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of the Islamic Republic.

"India strongly condemns today's despicable terrorist attack in Chabahar, Iran". "We express our condolences to the government and the people of Iran and the families of the victims of this attack", the Ministry of External Affairs said.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER