Bayern Munich: Ancelotti on the brink, decisive meeting today

Aubrey Yates
October 1, 2017

Carlo Ancelotti took to social media to thank Bayern Munich's players and fans after a 14-month stint in charge ended with his dismissal on Thursday.

However, Bayern have suffered a defeat and a draw in their opening six league games this season to sit in third place, falling three points behind early pacesetters Borussia Dortmund.

He left Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Mats Hummels, and Jerome Boateng out of the starting line-up for the defeat at Parc des Princes, yet insisted after the match that "I don't regret anything".

Potential full-time candidates for the Bayern job include Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann, who handed Ancelotti a 2-0 defeat earlier this season, or current assistant manager Willy Sagnol, a former French worldwide who played for the Munich club.

Barack Obama 'quizzes Prince Harry about love life' at Invictus Games
Her mass of blonde tresses fell in in soft waves about her shoulders, as she belted out her catalog of hits. The singer looked fantastic in a glistening, long-sleeve bejeweled black top studded with pearls.

Bayern Munich part company with Carlo Ancelotti; Willy Sagnol takes over
Ancelotti took over from Pep Guardiola at the start of the 2016/2017 season and won the German title in his first season. After being dropped to the bench, Arjen Robben failed to back the coach after the defeat in Paris.

Lin-Manuel Miranda, Celebrities Blast Trump Over Latest Disgraceful Puerto Rico Comments
Despite what the President tweeted , they say they witnessed neighbors helping neighbors before they left. After Cruz's comments, Trump criticized the mayor on social media for her "poor leadership ability".

Liverpool boss Klopp, former Dortmund chief Thomas Tuchel and Hoffenheim's 33-year-old boss Julian Nagelsmann are all said to be under consideration for the post as Bayern look to fill the vacancy.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge warned there would be consequences following the defeat in France, with SportBild reporting on Thursday morning that a meeting was due to be held later in the day to discuss Ancelotti's future. I've clearly said that a €100m player is unacceptable for Bayern. I think we all agree on that. Then there is nothing to misunderstand or to interpret wrong.

When asked about his decision to make so many changes, Ancelotti told reporters: "I don't think my team selection was risky. That's where we have to continue".

Former AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid manager Ancelotti was in charge at the Allianz Arena for 15 months since taking over from Pep Guardiola in July 2016.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER